In 2020, Jergens achieved a new certification, AS9100 Rev D, that will expand the company’s engineering and design capabilities in the aerospace, space and defense (ASD) sectors. Maintaining high-quality standards is essential in servicing these markets.
So, now that Jergens is AS9100 Rev D certified, why is this important and what changes have been made to our processes?
What is AS9100 and AS9100 Rev D?
The AS9100 series is the industry-recognized set of standards for quality assurance and risk management for organizations that work within the ASD sectors. These standards provide suppliers with requirements for creating and maintaining a comprehensive quality management system for providing safe and reliable products to the aerospace, space, and defense industries.
AS9100 Rev D, the most recent update to the AS9100 standard, establishes a commitment to quality and a willingness to work towards improving product and process integrity.
AS9100 Rev D puts a spotlight on creating value for customers by integrating quality management system requirements into the company’s business processes.
Jergens Process Revisions
In an effort to stay current, and in compliance with this important industry standard, Jergens has made several revisions to processes pertaining to product safety, counterfeit prevention, risk management, awareness and configuration management.
Here are some revisions that were made:
● Visual flow charts were created for every core and sub process and are supported by work instructions
● Annual internal audits are held on every core process along with interviews on key process indicators and risks
● Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) are taken when goals aren’t/won’t be met
● Better control and storage of process and quality documents
● Implemented employee accountability at each step of the process
● Improved record identification and retention
● Continuous communication and training on all of the above information
With these new guidelines in place, the AS9100 accreditation will help Jergens to produce high-quality, reliable products, most specifically Specialty Fastener products, including Quick Release Pins, Threaded Inserts, Spring Plungers, Spring Loaded Devices.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jergens with any questions or comments, or to learn more about AS9100 Rev D, ISO 9001, and more.