If you’re manufacturing high-tech machined medical
components, Jergens can help you do it faster,
without sacrificing precision and accuracy.
- Are your lot sizes small when products are still in development?
- Are geometries becoming increasingly complex?
- Do you need to be able to accommodate short lead times to stay competitive?
- Are tolerances extremely tight?
- Are you mixing production and prototype jobs?
Our Ball Lock™ and ZPS quick change fixturing systems will help you recapture downtime and production lost during set up and changeover…with incredible accuracy and repeatability. Our 5-axis workholding solutions help you maximize the benefits of your 5-axis machine and tackle increasingly complex geometries. Jergens also has a full line of production vises, clamping solutions and tooling components to help you get your medical implants and surgical instruments out into the field quickly and profitably.
The Ball Lock Mounting System is designed to speed the accurate locating and locking of fixture plates to subplates.
Locate…Often Without Indicating!
The Ball Lock™ System accurately positions your fixture plate with a repeatability of +0.0005” (+0.013mm) or better, minimizing the need to indicate your fixture.
The Ball Lock™ System securely holds fixture plates to subplates with up to 20,000 lbs. (9000 kg.) of hold-down force per shank.
Cut set up times by up to 90% and fix, position and clamp in a single step.
- Repeatability <0.005mm (0.0002")
- Minimizes set-up time
- Hardened stainless (AISI 440B) steel construction
- Integrated safety system
- Compact design
- Positive locking
- High retaining force
Complete many projects with just one set up and maximize the benefits of your 5-axis machine! Jergens 5-Axis Workholding Solutions provide:
- High clamping forces permit high cutting rates
- Accurate repeatability
- Fast set up and changeovers
- Reduction in number of required set ups
- High productivity
- For complex components/materials
- Use of short standard tools
- Excellent tool access
- Maximum workholding in limited space